[SlimDevices: Beginners] Extra heirarchy level when choosing music..?

Michael Herger slim at herger.net
Mon Oct 31 10:28:05 UTC 2016

> Is there a way to add simple extra heirarchy when choosing music..?
> Presently it goes:
>
> -[Criteria, eg Artist, genre] > Album > Song...-
>
> but I'd like an extra level where we can choose a collection, eg:
>
> -[my/her] Collection > [Criteria, eg Artist, genre] > Album > Song...-

You should certainly install LMS 7.9. It offers support for "virtual
libraries" (eg. filtered views) and other slightly more advanced browse
modes than previous versions. It's not straightforward to set up, but
it's definitely possible. I eg. have a library "Kids" and one "No kids".
The latter is what I'm using. The former is linked to the main menu as
its own "Kids" menu, from which they can select their favorites easily.

Of if it's messy enough to not even warrant the scan, you can browse and
play content from sources outside your main music folder, without adding
them to the database (browse by folder only).

--

Michael