[SlimDevices: Beginners] Couple of Design Questions

d6jg d6jg.7oekin at no-mx.forums.slimdevices.com
Sun Oct 30 12:44:29 UTC 2016

I have an Onkyo in my Living Room and the music is on a NAS elsewhere.
I use a homeplug adapter and have a small switch behind the TV.
I have an SB3 connected on both digital and analogue (the latter for
Zone 2). All outputs on an SB3 or Touch are ON simultaneously.
I also have an Amazon Fire TV connected to the Onkyo on HDMI and have SB
Player installed. I don't use it though as it only does 16/44.1.
I also have an old O2 Joggler running SqueezeOS which is synced to the
SB3 and I use it as a control point. It has a never live analogue
connection to the Onkyo which is to mute the onboard speakers.
I may change the SB3 for a Pi + DAC in due course.
Does this help explain your options?

*Vortexbox LMS 7.9 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS* iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
*Living Room* - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s - Zone 2 ->
Sony TA FE 320 -> Sennheiser RS 130 & B&W P7
*Office* - RPi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755
-> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom *Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 ->
Wharfedale Modus Cubes