[SlimDevices: Beginners] Is there a diagram of how the main elements of the squeeze software universe interact

moxbox moxbox.7pvhsn at no-mx.forums.slimdevices.com
Mon Nov 28 02:39:48 UTC 2016

karlek wrote:
> Look under 3rd Party software or better in your LMS: Settings-Plugins.
> There should be an uPnP/DLNA plugin from Andy Grundman that announces
> all your SBen as DLNA renderer.
> shairtunes2 would do the same for AirPlay.

Thanks, it looks like that's already enabled for me.  But I can't seem
to find any instructions on how to use it (did a quick search of the 3rd
party software forum).  There's also the upnp plugin from Philippe.
That does have some info on the GitHub site, but ... the manual it's
written in a language I mostly don't understand.

So --

1. are there some instructions for using Grundman's plugin somewhere?

2. Is there a primer for an SB user like me, who doesn't really know
what a DLNA renderer is?

thanks!

LMS 7.9 Win 10 SBV3 duet
serving vintage Marantz 2230, large Advents and ADS 710.
funky and wonderful that this new tech can talk to this old stuff