[SlimDevices: Beginners] Squeezeslave Squeezelite Squeezeplay, oh my!

valnar valnar.5tw9io at no-mx.forums.slimdevices.com
Tue Apr 16 14:33:11 UTC 2013

I know this is a lot to ask, but maybe a good reply would make a nice
stickie.

As somebody reading through these forums for the first time and a newbie
to Squeezebox, can someone give the history of all the various Linux SB
replacement products?  Which are old, which are new, which replace older
ones?  What is the preferred setup these days if you have no legacy
hardware to speak of (only the FLAC,MP3, WAV music waiting to be
heard!).  Wikipedia is so matter-of-fact, so it's difficult to gain
perspective from those articles.

Thank you.