[SlimDevices: Beginners] Been a member and had my SB Touch for a while now, but couldn't post.

garym garym.5nif5z at no-mx.forums.slimdevices.com
Thu Dec 13 11:46:10 UTC 2012

hifidez wrote:

> With 24/192 I get a kick out of knowing that what I have could be (or
> IS, if the publisher is trustworthy) a clone of the studio master.  How
> fortunate are we these days to enjoy that facility?

My understanding is that one is NOT receiving a "clone" of the studio
master in most of these files. And there are many hires files being sold
that are simply upconverted (zeros added) from 16/44.1.  This said, if
the hires files are from a *different* and better mastering (not
brickwalled!) than the lowres files, then they are certainly worth
having.