[SlimDevices: Beginners] Another can't connect wirelessly thread.

jo-wie jo-wie.3qxk3b1240212003 at no-mx.forums.slimdevices.com
Mon Apr 20 00:16:20 PDT 2009

bazzer;416639 Wrote:
> Hi,
> Yeah, the problem for a beginner like me is that there are probably too
> many options for me to choose from in DD-WRT software.

Good for an expert but really tricky for a normal user as long as
there's not an expert in the background.

> About your suggestion - just so I got this correct. You suggest that I
> back-up the current configuration then go back to factory defaults and
> try to connect the SB3 at this point? Hopefully I won't trash the
> network for the rest of the family as they won't be too happy without
> an internet connection!

I cannot assure that I will work. I know how far I would go but I
cannot tell you how far you can go. Did you setup your router? To take
some screenshots from the configuration screens is always a good idea.
And you should better have the login data and configuration data to
login to your Internet service provider.

> As an alternative is there any one out there who uses a SB3 with
> Linksys WRT54G who can give a configuration that works - or is it not
> that simple?

It's not so easy because your Linksys do not use the original firmware,
DD-WRT is an alternative firmware. Most will use the Linksys with the
original software I guess. Did you install the dd-wrt firmware on your
router?

Maybe you ask also in the dd-wrt forum

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/

Sorry, but my personal Linksys uses still the original firmware and the
only dd-wrt router I know is located at work and I do not have a
Squeezebox connected to. ;-)

--
jo-wie

SB Classic, SC 7.3.3 auf GigaByte STA/C mit VIA C7 1GHz, 1GB RAM, 250 GB
2,5" HD, Ubuntu Desktop 8.04

last.fm/user/jo-wie