[SlimDevices: Beginners] Windows error when installing squeezecenter

Phil Leigh Phil.Leigh.3q3unb1238826003 at no-mx.forums.slimdevices.com
Fri Apr 3 23:16:29 PDT 2009

rtate;412823 Wrote:
> Thanks Moonbase!!
>
> The only thing that changed was the install of the Squeezecemter
> software.
> Could it be because the SB unit is not turned on when I Start
> Squeezecenter?

No. This is a windows problem, the usual triggers/culprits are:
1) Norton or other AV software not fully uninstalled
2)  Quicktime (qttask.exe)
3) dit.exe

The message relates to an attempt to identify or scan a "disk" (often a
card reader or removeable/external disk drive) that is not accessible or
doesn't really exist. Check in Control Panel that your hard disks, card
readers etc are configured and labelled correctly. Uninstall any
erroneous devices.
Unplug any usb storage devices, reboot and reconnect them.

SC is not causing the problem, it is merely encountering it when it
asks Windows for a list of attached storage devices.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB3 (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Outdoors: Boom